The Incident Type drop down menu allows for primary incident types to be created with related secondary incident types or subcategories. Example:
When a primary category is created in system set-up LOGIQC will automatically create a matching secondary category with the same name. This is because there must be at least one secondary category to select when using the drop down menu.
Creating primary and secondary incident types
1. Go to System setup and select Primary Incident Type from the drop down menu.
2. Enter an option and click Add
4. Select Secondary Incident Type from the drop down menu.
5. Use the 'Select Primary Incident Type' menu option (below) to select the area to which you want to add sub-categories.
6. Enter an option and click Add
The secondary options above are automatically displayed with their primary category. This is for administration purposes only. Users will only see the secondary category.
Removing or disabling categories
If an option has been used in a register item LOGIQC will not allow it to be removed entirely from the system. It can, however, be 'disabled' (hidden) so that the option is no longer displayed.
To disable (hide) an entire primary category and all related secondary categories, un-check the box to the left of the item and save.
To remove an entire primary category and all related secondary categories, click 'remove and save.
To disable (hide) or remove a single secondary category, go to the Secondary Work Area drop down menu and use the 'disable' or 'remove' features.